I am very privileged to be starting my 7th year as the Superintendent at Shelby-Rising City Schools. The District has transformed over the last few years and it has been an exciting and rewarding process. As I enter my 28th year in education I continue to be motivated and excited by the success of students! Looking forward to a great 2019-2020 school year.
This page was created to provide relevant information to our patrons about my duties as Superintendent of Schools. Please use the navigation bar on the left side of this page to advance to those pages or documents.
- Doctorate - Ed. Leadership (2020 / University of Nebraska - Omaha)
- Educational Specialist - Superintendent, UNK 2009
- Masters Degree - Educational Administration, Chadron State 2001
- Bachelor Degree - Business Education, UNK 1992
- Shelby-Rising City, 2013-Present
- Perkins County, 2007-2013
- North Platte, 2005-2007
- Ogallala, 1992-2005
Goals for 2019-2020
- Work collaboratively with the villages in our school District to capitalize on the enrollment growth of the school to create economic benefit and growth for the villages.
- Implementation of the Districts K-12 Technology Curriculum
- Monitor and grow our College and Career Pathways program and partnership with Central Community College utilizing potential grant funding for on-site resources to benefit students.
- Ensure PLCs create impactful changes in curriculum, instruction, and assessment to improve and/or enhance student achievement.
- Work with State Legislators, Local Stakeholders, and Statewide Educators to address School Funding issues (On-Going)
- Complete Goals Established in the Districts Strategic Plan (On-Going)